Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rodeo of the Ozarks

Travis has been dying to take the girls (especially Emma) to the Rodeo of the Ozarks. For the past three years, something has happened/come up and we have not been able to go. Monday, Trav went to the Stadio (that's what Emma calls the arena...don't ask me why) and got tickets for us. It was official...we were going to the Rodeo!

I mentioned to my boss that I would need to leave a little early to get everyone fed and ready to go to the rodeo. He gave me a weird look and said "You aren't exactly the rodeo type." I asked him what in the world that was supposed to mean. He said (and I quote), "It's dirty there...and you can't wear flip flops!" Ok...so I can't argue there. I mean, I am a flip flop lover and not exactly into the dirt and poo that is regularly found at the rodeo. But, I digress...

Last night, we got the girls from school and headed to the "Stadio to watch the Rodeo". I am not sure who was more excited, Emma or Travis. We got there, ate some AMAZING BBQ and got settled into our seats. First was the opening ceremony, where they paraded HUNDREDS (no exaggeration) of horses into the arena. Emma was so excited. We also watched the Bucking Bronco Riding, Roping, Barrel Racing and Bull Riding. It was really a good time.

No comments: