What a wonderful, family-filled Thanksgiving we had this year!?
Wednesday, the girls and I headed to Hot Springs to visit my parents. Travis was already down south deer hunting and we were meeting him later the week.
The girls (and my parents) favorite place to eat is KJs. They go there AT LEAST once a week. So, of course, we ate there Wednesday night. Catherine helped set up tables and even got to go into the kitchen to check things out.
Thursday morning, we got up and headed to DeQueen to have Thanksgiving lunch with Travis's Mimi. It's always so fun to go visit, fill our tummies and visit all the animals on the farm. Catherine was especially in love with Eric (Travis's cousin). Emma wanted to ride the horse home and Hannah wanted no part in being inside the pasture gates.
Thursday night, we went back to Hot Springs for Thanksgiving dinner with my parents. It was so good! We also celebrated my mom's birthday. We tried to surprise her, but I am not sure we succeeded. We also played a super fun dice game called "Left Right Center". Hannah was the big winner!
Friday, we went out to Mt. Harbor for Burton Family Thanksmas (Thanksgiving/Christmas). We watched the hogs game, ate and played LRC. Saturday was much of this same, but we threw in dirty Santa. As usual, it was a good time with everyone!
Sunday, we headed home. But, not before we picked up Jack from T's mom's. We are dog sitting him for a few days. Three little girls were SO glad to see him! :)
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
Friday, November 18, 2011
So, I wish I could say I have been so busy and have TONS of awesome pictures to blog this week (and last week). However, the first part is true...we have been crazy busy. The second part...not so much. So, you are going to get a random post of my random thoughts with a few pics here and there. :)
- A couple of weekends ago, Travis and I went on a date. A real, live date without kids. It was amazing! We went to dinner and considered a movie. But, opted for a stroll around the promenade and home early.
- I am so tired of deer season. I mean REALLY sick of it. I miss my husband being home. I miss camo-free laundry.
- Every morning, Catherine wakes up and her hair looks like this. I have NO idea what happens, but it's ridiculous!
- Speaking of Catherine, she is FINALLY in panties (except for nap and bedtime). It's been a rough process, but I think she is over the hump. So....good-bye diapers, hello public restrooms.
- I bought these super cute new shoes a RiffRaff a long time ago. My mom picked them up for me since getting to Fayetteville seems to be impossible these days.
- Emma is a wonderful speller, but math...not her thing. I can't understand that.
- There is a cut-thru road on the way to my parents called "Sunshine". Hannah always calls it "Completely Sunny".
- My laundry is out of control...
- The more and more that I hear about the Penn State scandal, the more disgusted I get with the entire situation, from lack of action to support of a coach that turned a blind eye. It's all just sickening.
- I cannot wait until Thanksgiving! It's the kick off of family time with all the ones I love so much! Pair that with tons of yummy food....I.CAN.NOT.WAIT!
- Our house is still for sale...STILL. I try not to get discouraged. I thought that it would happen and we would move around Christmas (just to complicate things). It's not looking promising.
- I'll leave you with a picture of my sweet girls...
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Once upon a time, there were three little pigs, Catherine, Hannah and Emma.
Each pig set out to build a
house princess castle. The first little pig, Catherine was the youngest of the three. She decided to build her castle out of straw wrapped in beautiful pink ribbon.
The second little pig, Hannah, was a little
wiser better at color-coordination than her younger sister. She decided to build her castle out of sticks wrapped in pink ribbon. (Everyone knows you can't go wrong with brown and pink!)
Emma, the third and oldest little pig, just laughed at her silly sisters.
Everyone knows all the BEST princess castles were built of bricks and accented with hot pink
The three pigs were standing around
arguing making plans for castle warming parties, when a big, bad wolf snuck up and hid behind the tree.
OH MY! When they saw the wolf, they were frightened!
Not to worry, the wolf was merely their Daddy in disguise. He came to scoop them up and bribe them with lots of candy to live in his castle forever. (Or until they turn 18, go to college and get a J-O-B). They agreed and everyone lived happily ever after.