Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy, Happy Birthday, Sweet Emma Claire!

This weekend was a BIG weekend in our house. It was Emma's 6th Birthday! It was also her very first slumber party! I cannot believe my baby is 6 years old...REALLY!?

Friday morning, she woke up to her presents from us. (Mostly some much needed summer clothes). Travis got her donuts for breakfast. We even let her open one gift before school. She chose Hannah's gift. She got a peace sign choker and a peace sign watch. She was VERY excited.



Friday night, we went to dinner. Then, we came home and had cake and presents. We always try to do something for their birthdays with JUST us. It makes it a little more special that way!




Saturday, all the girls met at our house and we headed to get pedicures. After pedicures, we went bowling and to Mad Pizza (Emma's choice). We had tons of fun.








Then, it was time to head to the hotel. My mom had gone earlier and dropped of her cake and put up a few little decorations. We had so much fun taking them swimming. (I even had to jump in with all my clothes on and test out my life guarding skills. But, that's another post for another time!). After swimming, we went to the room for cake and gifts.






Once the girls were all wound up on a sugar high, we played twister and they gave each other make-overs. After a few hours of giggling and talking, I decided we needed to TRY to go to bed. FINALLY, a little after midnight, everyone was asleep.





At 7:30, I woke up to Emma and Keirnan tapping me on the arm ready to get up! (I was exhausted...must be a sign of my old age!). We got up and packed up the room. On our way home, we stopped by Krispie Kreme for breakfast.

Emma had a great time with all her friends and I am sure they did too! It was so fun to see her play with everyone. It reminded me of what a young lady she is becoming.

Emma,

You are becoming such a strong, beautiful young lady. I am so proud of who you are and how much you have grown over this past year. You are amazingly smart and have already learned to read so well. It's hard to believe your kindergarten year is rapidly coming to an end.

Your Daddy and I are SO proud of how kind and loving you are to your sisters. You are so much fun to be around. While you are quiet at first, once you come out of your shell, you are such a funny girl.

I can't wait to see what lies ahead for you. You are destined for big things, Emsie!

Love, Mommy

No comments: