Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Meltdown on 30A

In Seaside, FL (where we vacation), there is this place called "Airstream Alley". It is a row of those silver airstream campers from the 70s in front on the town square that house all kinds of fun food and drink places.

One of the places is called "The Meltdown on 30A". Its a gourmet grilled cheese place. Super cute. Super fun. Super yummy!



I really wish that was what this post was about. But it's not...

Catherine has officially hit the "terrible" twos (actually, about 6 months ago). One day, we were on the beach, enjoying the sun and waves. Catherine got mad about something. (About what you ask? I didn't know then and I don't know now). She completely lost it. She screamed, flopped and bowed her back exorcism-style. Her fit was SO bad that a couple sitting near us took it as a cue to run for their lives go up for lunch.

After trying to calm her down a little (and tell her she was in BIG trouble), I grabbed the video camera and does what any good mom would do. Got it on film for proof that she does in fact lose her mind at times.

This "Meltdown on 30A" is not so cute, fun or yummy.

4 comments:

Sarah Fries said...

Been there! Owen (2 years old) was throwing a fit like that on my mom's kitchen floor today. Of course she had 2 electricians in her house. I quickly apologized and he said he had 4 children. Then he proceeds to tell me his 17 year old son still behaves like that!

Oh dear there might not be any hope or rest for the weary!

Connie said...

I'm glad it's not just my child! LOL

TLF said...

Hi there-- Visiting from Jimmy Choo's and Tennis Shoes.. Can't wait to read more around here! Have a great day! :)

kelli castille said...

Next time you are there check out our "I had a meltdown on 30a" childrens t's!