Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Plans

Wow! Did we have big plans for this summer or what!? Catherine is finally old enough to go and do like we've been dying to since we first had kids. Silver Dollar City. White Water. Cardinals Game. American Doll Store. It was all coming together.

Well, it didn't work out that way this summer. Plans are made to be broken and boy did we! I can only think that God's trying to tell me to SLOW DOWN. (If you know me, you know how hard that is...I am 90 mph at all times!) And, wowza....we have really slowed down this summer.

This year, all of NWA was under a burn ban for fireworks the 4th of July. But, luckily, some of the larger planned shows were allowed. So, we carried on our tradition of Mexican Food and Fireworks at the Crosses. What a fun night to spend with our friends!









On the 4th of July, we did our "boy event" with Travis. Despite the raging heat, we headed to the Rodeo of the Ozarks. The girls had a great time and so did we! I love watching them have fun. This year instead of monkeys riding dogs, we watched a one-armed cowboy wrangle two buffalo. (I cannot make this stuff up people).




We also spent some time in Hot Springs playing in the pool and on the boat. I was so glad to see GrandDa and Daddy Ben. I am pretty sure they were glad to see me...but as usual the girls stole my spotlight. :)






We also broke out the slip 'n slide for some good old fashioned fun!




So, despite busted plans, we have had a great summer so far enjoying our time together more than ever. Now...it's off to the beach!



1 comment:

Robbie Evans said...

The girls are getting so big!!!