Tuesday, December 9, 2014

What have we been up to?

Goodness! It seems like we have been doing so much, but at the same time, as I sit here to catch up on our lives, it doesn't seem like I have that much to say.

(This could be sheer exhaustion. I went to Atlanta today for a day trip for work; which means, I got up at 4am for a 6am flight and got home at 6:30 tonight. Whew! It was crazy!)

I digress. We have been so busy having fun and enjoying life, but I want to catch up because there have been some pretty momentous things happen around here.

Travis took Emma deer hunting for the Youth hunt this year. She kept going back and forth on whether or not she was going to go. Finally, she just caved and went with him, (this may or may not have involved begging from Travis). Boy was she glad she went! She killed not one, but TWO deer. Emma was so excited and Travis was too; in fact, I am not sure who was more excited! I love that they have something to do together just the two of them.





One weekend, Travis and I had a whole weekend together. We went on a date Friday night. I cannot tell you how much I love our time together. I love that we still laugh together and how he holds my hand across the table. When we were first married and had Emma so quickly after, I was nervous we would be that married couple that had nothing to say to each other once their kids were gone. It's our date nights that I remember we are best friends and always have stuff to talk about. I love this man!



That same weekend, we went to the Razorback game with our friends. It was super cold, but SO fun. The Hogs got their first SEC win under Brett Beliema and watching the crowd rush the field was amazing! So proud of our piggies!





One Sunday after church, I took the two big girls to lunch and a movie. The movie was a little too old for Catherine. So, Travis and Catherine went on a date together. We all had a blast and I cannot wait to do it again, but I'll take Catherine this time.





That is all the big events (at least what I have documented) until Thanksgiving. I will do a separate post for that. I love this little family of mine and the life we are so blessed with!



No comments: