Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I am THAT Mommy...

This morning as we were walking out of the door, Emma said "Mommy, do you have my poster?" I looked at her like she was crazy. I didn't know what she was talking about. She went on to explain that she was supposed to make and take an "About Me" Poster to school to present to her class. I asked her when it was her turn to present and she said she didn't know.

I dropped her off thinking that today was the first day for this and the posters were due at the end of the week, since this was the first I had heard of it and Emma remembers EVERYTHING! So, I asked to front desk to find out and give me a call once class had started.

I recieved a call about 30 minutes after I got to work saying "Yes, Mrs. Williamson. Emma's table presented their posters yesterday, but if Emma wants to she can go with another group." I was shocked. All I could manage to squeak out was a "Thank You" and I hung up. I held it together pretty well...but was definitely fighting back tears.

I tried to call Travis and find out if he knew anything about this "poster" since he had been dropping off and picking up for about a week now and probably wasn't checking her folder. (I should have known something was up when there were NO papers being brought home...)

I was running all over NWA trying to gather stuff up for this poster. I was in line with a foam board (because ours can't be JUST a poster now that it's late...it has to be the BEST IN THE CLASS!). Lucky for me, the foam board didn't have a UPC. So, price check it is. Have you ever waited in line for a price check at Walmart!? It takes FOREVER!

While I was impatiently waiting and running the layout of the poster/pictures/stickers/flowers/glitter/feathers through my head, Travis called. Right there in Walmart, I broke down. The tears just started coming and I could barely explain to him what was going on. All he knew was I was upset and "the worst mother in the world". Side note: Travis FREAKS out when I cry...or any girl cries, but especially me...because I just DON'T. Finally he figured out what I was saying and said "It's all my fault. You are a wonderful mother. You are the best mother in the world. I love you. Please don't cry...please...please don't cry. I am sorry...please don't cry."

The funny part of this story is, the whole time I was waiting on my price check and having my break down, the little cashier was just staring at me with eyes as big as saucers. Then, the guy in line behind me went to another line. At first I thought it was because of the whole price check thing. Then, I saw he got in a LONGER line. Those people thought I was a loony toon!

Needless to say, I am very upset. I checked with the school and Emma was not worried at all about not having her poster, because she said "My mommy will take care of it for me." I guess I just feel like a bad mom. I try, but I am not sure I do a good job....but at least my little girl was not upset (that's all that really matters).

So, tonight...Emma and I are going to make the BEST About Me poster in the history of Coleman's Pre-K. I can see it now...they are going to ask me if they can keep it to show future Pre-K classes what a REAL poster looks like! (Pictures will be posted...so I can redeem myself)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Bless you heart. I want to cry for you. But I know that poster will be awesome. You'll have to post a picture of it. And remember... I sent my kid dressed as a cowgirl on a normal school day. You've got some competition.