Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ice...what Ice?

We survived the ice storm...sometimes I was questioning whether we would or not, but we did.

We were without power from Tuesday until Saturday night. Emma thought it was fun to sleep all together in the living room in front of the fire. I did not. Emma and Hannah thought it was fun to play Candyland 5 gazillion times. Travis and I did not.

(We are investing heavily in new board games for times of crisis.)

(Candyland, Memory and Hi Ho Cherry-O do not suffice.)

This ice storm was like camping...I hate camping...I don't voluntarily go camping.

Now that I have that part out of the way, here are some pictures of our yard covered in ice.





Here are some pictures of what we did while waiting out the storm. We had electricity for the first 4 hours, which is why the girls are playing the Wii.




No comments: