Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our Beach Adventure (Part 1)

Friday, July 2nd, we were planning on leaving for the beach about noon. Travis had a house to finish up and I, being the procrastinator that I am, had a few errands to run. Finally, about 1:30, we hit the road.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the bags before we left. It was borderline embarrassing. We had a total of 14 bags.

(Before you judge, each girl had a toy bag. We also had an overnight bag for a night in the hotel on the way. I had to have a bottle bag. We also packed an ice chest. So, yeah...It added up)

Anyway. We got about 4 hours out of town and stopped for a potty break. Catherine was burning up. I took her temp (Yes, I packed the thermometer in one of those bags). It was 102. We were already so far away and the pediatrician was closed until Tuesday. I gave her some Tylenol and we kept driving.

Saturday morning, we got up, ready to make the rest of the drive and get to the beach! Unfortunately, Catherine was STILL running a fever and was very cranky. We had a rough drive that second day. She wasn't feeling well and we were all ready to get out of the car.

Not to mention Travis stopped to get a watermelon from a roadside stand in the middle of no where.

We finally made it and the first thing we did was head out to the beach with my parents. They beat us there by a few hours and already had dinner cooking. We hit the beach for a quick walk, ate and just hung out and talked.

Sunday morning, Catherine was STILL sick. I managed to find an urgent care doctor about 30 minutes away. So, mom and I headed up there with her. We waited for 2 hours to find out she had a double ear infection. Funnily enough, her temp was completely gone with no meds for the first time since Friday. But, we got her antibiotic and went back to the house.

I got to go down to the beach for about an hour and take some pics. My mom stayed up at the house with Catherine because she is the best! Jon and Nicole got there late afternoon.

We cooked dinner, watched fireworks and played with sparklers. Later, we sat on the balcony and listened to Hannah talk about her future as a "Sonic Cooker". It was a great 4th of July!

Stay tuned for Part 2 of our Beach Adventure. It involves rhinestones, tiny noses, little steps and LOTS MORE FUN!

No comments: