Sunday, August 19, 2012

Last Few Weeks

Let's rewind back a couple of weeks, shall we?

Since I've been home from the hospital, I haven't had to cook dinner at all! Rachel was so kind to organize someone to bring us dinner for a WHOLE MONTH! It was amazing and we have been so blessed to have yummy dinners. Some people I didn't even know brought us dinner and wonderful friendships were formed.

But, it was FINALLY time for me to get back to cooking. So, the week after vacation, I am proud to say, I cooked dinner EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT! I was so proud, I took a picture of dinner the first night. Yay me!


We also soaked up every minute we could watching the Olympics. This meant all of us staying up WAY too late. I love the swimming and diving. Those are by far my favorite events. The girls really loved the gymnastics. What a great year for them to fall in love with the Olympics too!

 Hannah and Catherine spent one day playing gymnastics with their Barbies. Hannah got to be USA and made Catherine be China. No matter how many times they played...USA won! :)


I've been working from home for a month or so now. But, I had my first meeting since the accident. I was SUPER nervous about crutching into the office and trying to do my job. For some reason, I've been worried that I lost my "mojo"/tenacity for the business. But, it was nothing a cute outfit and a great meeting couldn't cure. I.AM.BACK! :)


That same day, Honey came to visit for the weekend. Travis needed a break to do "boy things" (read: go hang out with his buddies in the woods and do whatever gross boy things they do.). So, the girls and I decided what better weekend to spend shopping 'til we drop than a weekend when Daddy is not around to rush us.

I was awful with pictures! In fact, I only took this one of Emma and Hannah before we went shopping on Friday. (Catherine went to school that day because she can't hang for a full 10 hours of shopping!) Honey and I took the girls to their favorite store, Justice. I took Hannah through the store and she took Emma. We met in the dressing room and had a blast trying clothes on them. That was just the beginning of our day. We had so much fun laughing and shopping! We picked up Catherine from school and took the girls to Sho-Gun for dinner, (their choice). Saturday, we shopped for school supplies and went to lunch.


Saturday night, Honey went home and we were so sad to see her go. But, we had something else fun to do...Owen's Birthday Party! Rachel is SO creative with this stuff. I stole these pictures from her blog, but she did such a great job! We had a blast!








So, if you're still with me, that brings us to this past week. It was pretty low key. Work for Travis and I. School for the girls. Catherine INSISTS on wearing her sunglasses to school every day. It's hilarious!


Yesterday, it was time to enjoy our last Saturday before school starts. We took the girls for haircuts, mani/pedis, lunch at Mojitos and to the movies. It was such a fun day! But, after too much time running around, I spent the evening with my foot in an ice bath...YUCK!







Today, we are being lazy and getting ready for the first day of school tomorrow! YIPPEE!



No comments: