Monday, January 14, 2013

Love Me

With the new year, brings tons of new resolutions. I have always made resolutions, because let's face it, I could stand to improve in areas of my life. Usually, one of them includes the age old "lose weight" resolution.

I am like 90% of people with that resolution. I hit it hard during January, but by June, it is but a fleeting thought that life has pushed to the furthest point of my mind. Until December rolls around...then I realize what resolutions I didn't accomplish for the year and end up have a small, albeit fabulous, pity party for myself and resolve to do better in the coming year. So, the cycle continues.

This year, I am stopping the cycle. No more impossible goals that end up making myself feel worse in the end. Now...don't get me wrong, I am not going to stop eating healthy and exercising when I can. But, my resolution this year is simple:

LOVE MYSELF

I don't mean, spend more time doing "Boni" things and less time doing family things. I don't mean wrapping myself in a daily hug.

I intend to love myself for the way God made me. I intend to see myself the way those who love me see me...both inside and out. I intend to embrace the fact that I will never NOT have a Kim Kardashian size booty. I intend to embrace the face that I cannot help but crack a joke in the most serious of situations. I intend to embrace my scars from this past year, knowing they are part of my story. I intend to be a better wife, friend, daughter and sister.

I want to see myself the way my children see me, because right now in their lives, they think I am the most beautiful, amazing super hero mommy in the whole wide world. I am also raising three daughters in a world where pressure to be the best-prettiest-smartest-skinniest girl of all is at an all time high. I don't want the world to steal their self-esteem. I tell them all the time to be the best YOU, you can be.

This goal is not impossible. God made me the way he did and He loves me for that. I am going to love myself to set a good example for those three little girls that look up to me. I am going to finally live out what I preach to them daily.

So, this year, my only goal is to be the best BONI I can be! Cheers to a very happy 2013!



1 comment:

The Stearns Family said...

This is what I need to work on as well. Parker tells me how pretty I look and so forth but I just don't see it. I have never been comfortable with myself. I know she loves taking pics with me but I worry about how fat I look or this and that. I def want to make it a goal to love myself to show my girls they are wonderful!