Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up: Sunday Drama

Friday night, we planned to go bowling. But, while I was at work, I got a call from Hannah's schools saying she was complaining of a sore throat and wasn't feeling well. So, I headed to pick her up.

Side note: Hannah is notorious for faking sick. I am talking puts on the water works and everything at school saying she is sick. She's apparently VERY good at it, because they almost always call me. Well, after this happened a couple of times, I explained to her teacher that she does that...and it's almost always on a Friday. I guess she's just done with the week. So, her teacher is good about not putting up with the nonsense. But, this Friday, Hannah had a substitute...who fell for it like a slinky down a flight of stairs.

Unfortunately for Hannah, Tara had text me that day asking if the girls wanted to have a sleepover at her house along with the Brown sisters. What's even more unfortunate for Hannah is that I am a STICKLER for no extra curricular activities if you aren't well enough to go (AND complete) the school day. So, Hannah didn't get to go.

Emma and Catherine went over to Tara's Friday evening and from what I can tell, had a ball. In fact, Catherine said she wanted to live there! :) They ate pizza, played dress up and got their nails painted. These girls love Tara!

While they were partying it up at Tara's. Hannah, Travis and I ordered pizza and tried to make it as boring as possible for Hannah. But, I did sneak some giggles and snuggles with my middle baby!

Saturday, Travis had to work. The girls and I decided to do a little lunching and shopping. We met up with the Brown girls for a Saturday trip to Mojitos and our favorite Fayetteville boutiques. It was fun to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Sunday, we went to church and had a typical day at home. While I was cooking, I looked in the living room and saw this happening:

After the girls went to bed, Travis let Gus out to go potty in the backyard. (Our backyard is fenced in, but apparently Gus knows how to unlatch the gate.)  About 10 minutes later, I got a call from someone saying our dog had been hit by a car. I FREAKED out. They were outside of our house with Gus in the car. Travis went a got him out and carried him into the house. He wasn't bleeding anywhere, except from his nose, and he wasn't limping. But, after looking him over, he just didn't seem OK, so we took him to the Animal ER. After an hour in the ER, the vet let me know that Gus was fine. In fact, he was the same old hyper dog we love. But, he is VERY sore still. Being hit by a car...it hurts...trust me...I know! :) So, he has done a lot of this the last day and a half.

Sweet, Gussy Boy is just so pitiful. Needless to say, we had a VERY eventful weekend. But, it was a good one and I am glad to say everyone is A-OK in our house!

No comments: