Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up: Kansas City Weekend

This weekend, Rachel, Tara, Nicole, Kim, Jayme, my mom and I headed to Kansas City to celebrate Rachel's birthday. We left late Friday evening and arrived at our hotel a little before midnight. Once we got checked in, we put on our PJs and gave Rachel her birthday presents.

I had been waiting for a week or so to give her the gift I got her. Rachel LOVES make-up and loves to try new stuff. I have never seen her try a new shade that she didn't absolutely rock. So, I created her a "Brown Box: better than a birch box". I put all kinds of goodies in it, including the the Flush Pallet by Urban Decay. I wrapped it up in a cute box with a big bow. I love how it turned out and will probably do that again for other friends.

Saturday morning, we got up and went to brunch at a wonderful place in the promenade. The food was amazing and I had french pressed coffee for the first time ever. It was wonderful! I want one of those little things for my house!









After brunch, we shopped until we dropped. I cannot tell you the miles and miles we must have walked that day. When we walked back into the hotel lobby with all of our bags, the concierge said "Wow! Let me take a picture to send your husbands!" LOL!


 
 

Saturday night, we got all dolled up for dinner at Houstons. It was SO yummy! After dinner, we walked to the Cheesecake Factory to pick up some cheesecake to go. We went back to the hotel and ate our desert in our PJs. It was the perfect ending to a great weekend!

















No comments: