Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up: Dance Recitals Galore

Happy Monday! We had a crazy busy, super fun weekend. You know what that means? PICTURE OVERLOAD!

We finally survived the insane week last week and made it to recital weekend. I have been so excited for this weekend all year! I missed the girls' recitals last year and was dying to see my beauties on stage! They had a fan club at each recital and by the end of the weekend, we had quite the stock of flowers.

Friday night kicked off our dance recital tour of three recitals in two days! Catherine was our only dancer Friday night. She had her tap performance and their costumes were TO.DIE.FOR! I mean...seriously...feathered angel wings (swoon)! There is a part in their dance where they holler "HALLELUJAH!" and, of course, that is Catherine's favorite part. Top off the fact that she says "Hallenoonya" with her crazy loud voice and she had the audience laughing so hard! I only got to watch from the wings, but she did so good and told me before bed that night, "Mommy, I just loved that stage!" ha ha!

I also got my first glimpse of what it means to have sisters. "The sisters" (that's what C calls Emma and Hannah) were SO proud of Catherine! They went on and on to her on what a great job she did! I think Catherine loved their praises more than anyone else's.







Miss Marley helps in C's tap and ballet class and we love her!
 


 Catherine's friend, Brooklyn
 





The girls' dance studio does the ballet recital separate from the rest and that was on Saturday mid-day. Hannah didn't take ballet this year (it was a total working mom issue of "how can I get her there every week by FOUR?" that just didn't work out). So, Emma and Catherine danced in this performance.

Catherine was her usual stage-loving self, but since it was during her typical nap time, she let out a huge yawn in the middle of a pliĆ© and won the audience over again. She also got a little twirl happy at one point and ended up facing the wrong direction for a few seconds while her head stopped spinning. And, cue the laughter from the audience.

Emma blew me away! She is a wonderful ballet dancer and had such grace and poise like I've never seen from her before. I know you are thinking, "Mothers always say that about their kids". But, several people in the audience, who we didn't know, were caught talking about how "good that tall dancer in the middle of the 'V'" was. (MY EMMA!) I, of course, teared up while I was watching from the wings. So proud!










 Their ballet teacher, Miss Meg
 






After the ballet recital, we went home and relaxed for a little bit. I caught this hilarious picture of my dad napping in Hannah's bed! Poor guy!


Saturday night was our big busy night. Emma and Hannah both had two dances each, tap and jazz. Hannah had her jazz dance first and totally rocked it out. She smiled most of the time, but we could always tell when a hard part was coming up because she would stick her little tongue out to concentrate. Ha! (She comes by that honestly...I am pretty sure my mom has videos of me doing the same thing during dance).

After Hannah's jazz dance, I got her changed and we had a long wait until Hannah's tap, immediately followed by Emma's tap. They both did SO good! Hannah loved the hip shaking parts and even helped "remind" a little girl during the dance what she should be doing. (Always in charge!). Emma was awesome and is definitely the leader in her tap class, like Hannah!

After tap, we did a quick costume change for Emma and played around with the camera some. Anything to keep them from running wild and tearing their hair down! :) Finally, it was Emma's turn to do her jazz dance. She was wonderful. Hannah and I watched in the wings and were the first people she saw when she came off the stage.








 Hannah's friend, Anniston
 

 Hannah's teacher, Miss Gina
 







 
 Emma's friend, Mary Blake
 
 

 Emma's class with Miss Danielle
 




Each time I stood there watching the girls dance, I was reminded of where I was this time a year ago (still in the hospital) and how badly I wanted to be there for this. My girls absolutely love dance and it is by God's grace alone that I was there cheering for them while they did something they love.

Special shout out to my mom, who is AWESOME! She helped me get everyone's hair and make-up done. AND, she caught up on all my laundry while she was here. My dad, also, took us to dinner every night after dance. I kid you not when I say that my parents are the best. Love ya'll!



No comments: