My mom is amazing! She has always ALWAYS been there with kind words...and the truth, whether I wanted to hear it or not. Having my mom always be there to think I am the most beautiful...the smartest...most amazing gift from God she has received is so special to me and I don't know what I would do without her.
So, in her honor, I would like to bullet just a few of the reasons "When I grow up, I wanna be a mom just like my mom..."
- My mom is always at everything. She was at every basketball game, every dance recital, every cheerleading event...EVERYTHING. Now, she is at every birth of a child, every time I need a date night with my husband, and every time I need rest!
- My mom ALWAYS has gum! (and almost always has chapstick)
- My mom lets me cry to her when I need to pretend to have a good day in front of my kids.
- My mom always knows how to make me feel better on "the worst day of my life".
- My mom will honestly tell me when I am being over dramatic!
- My mom knows what I should do when one of my girls is rashy...or sick!
- My mom buys the BEST gifts! She knows what I want before I even realize it!
- My mom will listen to every "funny kid" story I have and laugh with me like it's the funniest thing she has ever heard! (even if its the third time I have told her)
- My mom always tells me how beautiful I am, how smart I am and how proud of me she is!
- My mom has the best jewelry!
- My mom tells me that I am the best mom in the world...and coming from the best mom ever, that's HUGE!
I have realized from having kids, that being a mom is a thankless job. It's hard and never ends. Seriously, the laundry!? It's also the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. Every day I wonder, am I spending enough time playing with my girls? Am I making sure they are always happy? Do I tell them how much I love them enough? Do they know they are the most beautiful...smartest...amazing gifts from God I have ever received? Am I doing it as well as my mom did? I love being a mom more than anything else I have ever done. Through the hard times, the dirty diapers, through it all, my mom has been there. every step of the way she has celebrated the "mommy milestones", given me praise of how well I am doing, reassured me that I am doing a great job, let me be sad after I had to discipline one of the girls. Without my mom, I would be lost.
So, Mom, I would like to thank you for everything you have always done for me. I am so lucky to have you and love you very much. You are the best and I wouldn't be who I am today without you! I LOVE YOU!