Thursday, December 3, 2009

Yummm! Smores!

Tonight, I got home from work. Travis had picked up the girls and gotten a GREAT idea...

Before he picked them up, he ran to Harps to get three staple desert items:
  1. Graham Crackers
  2. Marshmallows
  3. Hershey's Chocolate Bars
See...during the winter, we ALWAYS have a fire built. I love how homey it makes our house feel. Travis loves that it keeps the house SO warm!

So, after dinner and bath, Travis and the girls roasted marshmallows in the fireplace. Then, he taught them how to make s'mores. They LOVED it.









I was sitting in the oversized chair feeding Catherine and watching it all. I am amazed at the patience that he has with them. He loves spending time with his girls and is so good at taking time for each one of them individually.

I am sure that this will become a regular thing in our house. And, when the girls grow up, I bet every time they eat a s'more, they think of their sweet Daddy!

No comments: