Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Bathroom and A Bike Wreck

Today was one of those days where we didn't do much, but it was a good day.

This week is Spring Break at Emma's school (even though they made-up two snow days on Monday and Tuesday of this week). So, I took a few days off to spend time with the girls, work around the house and play outside.

Today was a gorgeous day. This morning was a little chilly, but we had errands to run. We stopped by my office to pick up some stuff and, of course, say hello to Oscar and Aaron.

After that, we met The Brown's at Mojitos for lunch. The girls LOVE to get together with Claire, Owen and Bree. Catherine was tired, so it was NOT the nice relaxing lunch we had hoped for. (By "not relaxing", I mean, she was wallowing in the floor screaming, running away from me and acting the way I swore my kids would never act, pre-kids of course.)

We came home. While the girls napped (and I recovered from the lunch from yeah), I redecorated their bathroom. We bought an older house and remodeled it about 6 years ago. The girls bathroom has this tile...it's green...it's really hard to work with (and even harder to ignore). It also has a green sink, a green tub and a green potty.

While I would LOVE to get all the green out of there, we have to be cautious how much money we sink into this house. With the housing market the way it is, we are likely not going to get much ROI, if any at all.

But, this is what it looks like so far. I have one more picture to hang in a lavender frame and this is all I am doing. I feel like it looks MUCH better and these colors kind of tone down the green. (Yes, I made the hair bow holder. Spray painted an old frame and hot glued some ribbon on.)



This evening, we cooked out and played outside. Travis taught Hannah how to shoot a BB Gun after a LOOOOOOOONG lecture about gun safety. (Travis is definitely the lecturer in our house.) Emma watched her favorite show on TV. I would have rather her play outside, but she rarely gets any "Emma time" without her sisters bombarding her. So, I just let it go.




After dinner, we decided to head out on a walk. Emma and Hannah rode their bikes and Catherine rode in the wagon. It is so pretty around our neighborhood right now. There are so many flowers blooming. I really REALLY love Spring.














On our way home, Hannah had a bike wreck. The girl rides with reckless abandon and it was bound to happen sometime. (She is also a helmet girl...loves to ride with her Dora helmet on!) She had to ride home in the wagon. Travis took care of making sure her bike got home. :)



We got home and I doctored her all up. A little hydrogen peroxide and a band aid...she's all smiles again!


Well, the squeal to the "Great Mojitos Fit" is going on right beside me. Guess it's bed time for me Catherine

No comments: