Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is such a special day. Funny thing is, I didn't realize EXACTLY how special until I became a Mommy.
My mom is amazing. I often times look back at all the things that she did for/with us, all while keeping a clean house, cooking dinner most nights and working, and I am in complete awe that she made it all look effortless. I took dance, played basketball, cheered, and played golf and my mom never missed a moment. She took me to every practice, went to every game, clapped at every recital and laughed at every golf meet.

More than that, she has always been there for me. She was there when I lost my first tooth, and watched me wiggle it for days while my dad barely kept from losing his dinner. My mom dried the tears when my friends picked on me so much in Jr. High that I didn't want to go to school. My mom was there when I found my first love (and lost him...and eventually married him!). She was there when I had my first daughter (and second and third). She has ALWAYS been there. Listening, laughing, consoling, guiding, protecting and sometimes letting me learn the hard way.

My mom taught me how to laugh at myself, love who I am and most of all, be a great Mom. My prayer is that my girls look back and think, "Wow. My mom was amazing!" like I think of my Mom. I hope that they, too, think of me as their best friend (and like I do, laugh because as a teenager I thought I would NEVER say that!). My mom is simply the best. She deserves so much more than just ONE day...

Thank you for teaching me how to be a good mom, Mom. (One day I will keep up with my laundry and fold the socks...one day...) I love YOU!


"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." - Washington Irving

Sunday, we went to church and out to lunch with our friends. After we got home, we spent the day playing outside and soaking up the sun.







I am so very blessed that these three wild monkeys are mine. Despite the crazy, loud, messy, arguing chaos that is our house, I wouldn't trade these loving, happy, sassy, smart, beautiful girls for anything in the world. Being a Mommy is the hardest job there is. But the rewards are immeasurable.



NY PICS ARE NEXT...PROMISE!

No comments: