Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New York - Monday

Monday morning, we headed to our boat tour. We got to see Ellis island, all the major bridges and of course, the Statue of Liberty.
I bought a shirt about three months ago that I was saving for this trip. (If you know me, you know that I wear clothes within a day or two of buying them...no patience!) So, of course, I thought it would be PERFECT to wear that shit immediately. Before catching our cab, Mom and I grabbed a coffee. In the middle of the crazy traffic, our cab drive gunned it...right as I was bringing my coffee to my lips. It went ALL over me. I had coffee on my blazer, on my shirt, down my shirt, on my bra and on my pants. I had the outfit on a total of 10 minutes.



(Guess I can't blame all my messy clothes on the girls anymore!)

The boat ride was awesome. We saw so many sights. I was taking a million pictures, and dubbed myself, "Paparazzi Boni". It was all so amazing. The Statue of Liberty was A.MAZ.ING.















After our boat ride, we walked through battery park and over to Wall Street. I was a little disappointed that they don't let you in to the NYSE anymore. But, just being there was pretty cool. We also went in Trinity Church and Century 21 (it's a TJ Maxx on steroids).








We stopped at a little pizza shop for some good old NY Pizza and it did NOT disappoint! The place we ate at was right next to Ground Zero. So, we walked around that and to the Memorial.

Remember, we were there the day after Bin Laden's death was announced. News casters were EVERYWHERE! There was even a car driving down the road holding the USA Today out of the window. People on the street were cheering.

The memorial was very touching. It gave me chills to walk into the place. On one wall, a projector was playing videos of people telling stories of where they were and how it impacted them. Standing there, listening to that and remembering where I was on that day, brought tears to my eyes.










After we left there, it was time for MY FIRST SUBWAY RIDE! :) I was beyond excited. It was just as fun as I imagined it.





When we got on, there was a man sitting on a bench alone and he was asleep. I sat down next to him and handed my mom my camera...


(Bad...bad Boni!)

We got off in Times Square. We just walked down the road, took in the sights and shopped. We saw all the cool signs. For some reason, the buildings seemed SO much bigger there than anywhere else we had been in the city. I really enjoyed walking around there because the hustle and bustle was exactly how I imagined it.





As we were walking down the street, we saw a guy singing and just couldn't resist taking our picture with him.





IT WAS THE NAKED COWBOY! ha ha!

We walked back to the hotel from Times Square. It was time to get ready for the thing I have been waiting for since I was in the 4th grade...PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.



First, we went to dinner at Becco's. It's an Italian place that serves dinner family style. My goodness...it was SO good!

After stuffing my face nibbling a bit, we headed to the Majestic. It is one of the older theaters, but the detail on the walls and ceiling was AMAZING. I was so anxious for the play to start. When it finally did, it did not disappoint!



I could go on and on about how wonderful it is. I sat in complete awe the whole time. It was the most wonderful play I have ever seen and I would watch it a million times!

Once the play was over, we stopped by a little restaurant for a cocktail and cheesecake. It was the perfect ending the the perfect night.


Next up: We will end the NY series with The Today Show, stories (no pics) from Chinatown, Wicked and shopping.

No comments: