Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Caution: Icy Floor

I stopped by a gas station on my way to the office to get a fountain Dr. Pepper (SO much better than a can or bottle!).

It was one of "those" mornings. I had a list a mile long of things I needed to do at work and the list for home...ha! It was twice as long.

 I was inside with my cup and knew this place had the good "sonic" ice. As I was planning my day in my head (going over my lists and allotting time to everything), I didn't pay much attention to what kind of ice I was getting. But, when I finally glanced down, it was cubed ice. Since my cup was only half full, I decided to step over and get the crushed ice in the rest of my cup.

(BTW, these ice machines were clearly marked. Big signs. Neon letters.)

I pulled my cup away from the crushed ice dispenser handle. But, the ice kept coming out. So, I thought it was stuck back and I grabbed it and pulled it forward. IT FELL OFF IN MY HAND!

Ice was going everywhere. It had filled up the over flow spot and was now slipping off onto the floor. I didn't know what to do. I was panicked at the mess that would not stop! As I turned to find a worker to help me make it stop, I slipped in the ice and fell down.

Cue me hysterically laughing. I couldn't stop. I laughed until I was crying. My booty hurt and the ice was still pouring out. What else was I going to do?

So, I got up off the floor, found a worker and handed him the handle to the ice machine. I explained to him that it broke and ice was going everywhere. (This was between cry-laughing.) The guy said HUH a million times and finally I just pointed.

The only thing that was funnier than me falling down in the icy mess was this guy's face when he saw what I was pointing at.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: