Friday, January 20, 2012

Self Motivated

I have ALWAYS worked in an office. Since Hannah was born, I have had the perk to work at home if I've needed to, i.e. when the kids are sick, when I'm sick, when the weather is bad, etc. It's a very nice perk.

Despite that, I've always been envious of the mom's that get to work from home. I've thought, "Man! I would LOVE to be able to sit in my living room and work. It would be so nice not to have to get up and drive to the office every morning. I could pick the girls up early. Gosh, I want a job like that."

Since I got back from my two weeks off for the holidays, I have been working from home. Our company is having us move offices and things haven't been ready yet. When I first heard that I was going to be working from home, I was ecstatic!

Week 1: I was super productive. I got tons of work done AND had all my household chores done before the weekend came. It was wonderful. I mean...the Friday of Week 1, I kind of slacked off. But, nothing I didn't do occasionally in the office.

Week 2: I was much less productive at work. I did what HAD to be done and let some of my proactive stuff fall by the wayside. I still had the house all clean and a wonderful dinner on the table by 5pm every night. Good stuff, people. But, I was glad to go out of town for the weekend. I was getting slight cabin fever from being home so much.

Week 3: It's been a disaster. I've gotten all my weekly MUST do's done at work. The house is a wreck. I am so tired of being here, the last thing I want to do is clean up. And dinner...HA! We've eaten out almost every night this week.

Needless to say, this working from home is not for me. When Travis gets home, I follow him around like a lost puppy just chatting his ear off because I am DESPERATE for some adult interaction. I feel like I am out of my routine and let's face it...I'm a routine kinda girl. I just struggle to get motivated to get stuff done. I am praying we get back in an office soon so I can get our family back into our routine. I'm just a better wife and mommy when I go to the office every day. (Don't judge!)

Guess I better take that "self starter" claim off my resume! Happy Friday!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you loud and clear! I love my girls, but I NEED that time out of the house to work and interact with adults.