Monday, July 1, 2013

So Long, Farewell

When Emma was barely 2 years old, we bought our first house. It was a MAJOR "fixer upper" and we poured our blood, sweat and tears into this house. We ripped out carpet, peeled wallpaper, sanded, painted and textured. But, we finally made this our home. And, we loved our little house.

Our home is not a big house and we have out grown it very quickly. As we realized it was time to move out, the housing market fell apart. We tried to sell several times over the course of two years, but we just couldn't find a buyer.

Recently, we stuck a "For Sale by Owner" sign in the yard, just to see if we could get any bites. Two months later, we had an offer. I can't believe after all the frustration of trying to sell, wondering if we ever would and debating keeping it as rental property and moving anyway, we are finally moving out.

I really thought I would be all "good riddins" to this house. But, now, as I pack up our life to move, I find my self a little sad. We have made SO SO many good memories in this house. When we first moved in, we barely had enough furniture/stuff to fill up three rooms. Now, I am purging because we have WAY too much, (as we are temporarily moving to a small rental house until we decide if we build or buy.) We brought two of the three girls home from the hospital here. All three of them have been potty trained right on that '70s green potty. We have had so many fun Christmases here and made so many traditions in this little house.

So, while I box up our life and prepare us all for the next chapter, I am wanted to FINALLY share pictures of our home on the blog. It's so bittersweet to say good-bye to 2202, but I can hardly wait to see what's next for us!

Our First Home
 
 Living Room
 

Kitchen
 

Dining Room
 
 Master Bedroom
 
Master Bathroom

 Hannah & Catherine's Room
 
The Girls' Bathroom 

Emma's Room
 

SO LONG! WE WILL MISS YOU, OLD HOUSE!

No comments: