Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lots to catch up on...

I am VERY behind on my blog. So, in attempt to catch up, let's all just close our eyes and transport ourselves to two weekends ago...

It was the opening weekend of muzzle-loading season (I know...gag!). So, Travis went to spend the weekend at his deer lease.

The girls and I packed up and hit the road for none other than, Hot Springs. We hadn't been in a while and it seemed like as good of a weekend as any to go. Plus, we had to go check on Daddy Ben after his surgery! (He is doing great..."running" around like a 50 year old!)

The trip down there was...eventful. We got to about Waldron and Catherine had a HUGE blow out. Poop everywhere. I got her changed and cleaned up. We got back on the road in about 10 minutes, with our windows down to air out the car!

We go through Y-City and it is VERY curvy from there to Hot Springs. It never fails, when I drive, one of the girls gets car sick. (No comments on the driving, please. In the words of Rain Man "I'm a very excellent driver") This trip was no different. About 30 minutes from Hot Springs, Hannah spewed all over the back seat. So, again, I got her changed and cleaned up. And, again, we were back on the road in 10 minutes, windows down! :)

Finally, we arrived. We had pizza. Daddy Brooks gave the girls a bath. Honey brushed every one's hair. Then, we all played and acted crazy for the camera. The girls are ALWAYS so excited to see them and so am I!




Saturday, we took the girls to Magic Springs. When I was a kid, it was this one-step-up-from-a-small-town-fair amusement park. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the fun rides and things to do there. It was a lot like Silver Dollar City and the girls had SO much fun! Daddy Brooks got on any ride the girls asked him to. He even got in the smallest train ever to make them happy. I was dying laughing! My mom and I even rode a crazy, looping, cork-screwing roller coaster. By the end of the day, we were all worn out.


We headed back to my parents to watch the Razorback game (on DVR). Jon and Nicole came over and after the game was "over", we all went out to eat.

Sunday morning, we went to church and out to breakfast with GrandDa and Daddy Ben. The girls looked too cute and acted so good in "big church". We really enjoy getting to go to church with my grandparents and parents.  (But, I did NOT take a single picture!)

After church, the girls and I made the dreaded drive home. We had a fun, relaxing weekend!

(Please come back tomorrow to continue this time warp with Travis's Birthday!)

No comments: