Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Look, Mommy! It's Christmas!"

Last week, we got our first big snow. We had some snow a few weeks ago, but nothing to play in and enjoy. But, finally, last week, we got about 4 inches of snow.

Last year, Hannah hated the snow. I am talking crying-blubbering-please-don't-make-me-even-look-at-the-snow hated it. This year, however, totally different story. She saw the snow and immediately, "Look, Mommy! It's Christmas!" (Cut her some slack. Two of her past three Christmas mornings have been white ones!)

Emma loves the snow. She has always loved the snow. At 6am when we found out school was cancelled, she was begging to get bundled up and go play outside.

Travis and I finally got everyone dressed, even Catherine. (This was like a 30 minute ordeal too!) However, Catherine didn't like her snow suit, so I freed her from it and she stayed in with me. (Have I mentioned that I am not a snow fan either?)

Travis, Emma and Hannah all headed outside to play in the snow. They had so much fun! I ran out to snap a few pictures of them and ran back inside.

During Catherine's nap time, Travis took the girls to this huge hill and they went sledding. Hannah's first trip down, she flipped over and face planted into the snow. That was the end of her sledding. She just played and watched Emma. Emma, however, LOVED IT! The faster she went and the harder she crashed, the more she wanted to go again. They stayed until dusk and came home with little red noses and cheeks.

Here are some pics and a video. (Travis took the video on his iPhone and I cannot get it to rotate)







No comments: