Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up

This weekend was pretty low key in our house. But, we haven't had a "slow" weekend in quite a while, so it was a welcomed weekend.

(none of the pics of the girls are from this weekend. I never got out a camera. OOPS!)

Friday night, we went out to eat at one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants. Going out to eat with Catherine is getting SO difficult. She doesn't like sitting in her highchair, so we tried letting her sit in a booster hoping things would go better. It did not. She wanted down, dumped her rice all over the table, threw her fork on the floor and basically acting like a nut!



Needless to say, we walked out of there (after a very big tip left for the people who had to clean up after her) and I said "We are not taking her out to dinner again until she is THREE!" It's just a hard age with her when we try to go eat.

Saturday, the girls and I went shopping a little, (if that's what you even call it...we didn't buy a thing) and just played around the house. I let them paint some pictures, play dress up and I dressed and re-dressed American Girl Dolls until my fingers were bleeding.



Saturday night, I had a fun girls night with a great group of girls that I have gotten really close to over the past few months. We had a wonderful dinner. After dinner, we sat around drinking wine and just talking. Sometimes, its so nice to get away for a few hours and enjoy a night with friends.


Sunday was a day much like Saturday. It was semi-nice outside, so the girls played outside a little. Other than that, we just hung around the house. Even though the girls said it was "boring", Travis and I thought it was a nice relaxing weekend.

No comments: