Monday, June 27, 2011

Manic Monday

Last Monday was one of those Mondays that just make you want to crawl back in bed and sleep it off. It was ridiculous how many things went crazy on me.

Monday morning, Travis had to go to work early (as he often does in the summer to beat the heat). So, he left early and I took the girls to school (usually his job).

Our house is on the market, so I was rushing around trying to pick everything up and make sure it was presentable in case someone wanted to look. Catherine was in the girls' bathroom "helping" me clean up. I handed her a toothbrush as asked her to put it away (in hopes of keeping her busy). She looked at me, grinned, threw it in the toilet and flushed. Luckily I have been blessed with cat-like reflexes managed to grab it out of the potty before it went down and clogged the toilet. Best part of it all: MY KIDS NEVER FLUSH! And...that morning proved no different.

Finally, we got out of the door at 7:50 (about 30 minutes after we typically should leave). I dropped the girls off, got on the bypass and ding! ding! ding! Gas light came on. So, I got off the bypass and filled up with gas. Now, I was really late.

As I was speeding driving with the pace of traffic, I realized I left my laptop and bag at home. I was one exit from the office. Sooooo....I turned around, drove back home and grabbed my laptop. On my way BACK to work, I opened my Dr. Pepper (which yes...I stopped for because I NEEDED IT!) and it spewed all over me. At this point, I couldn't help but laugh.

The day just kept going about like that. I lost my car keys in Gap Kids at lunch. Drama at work. I slammed my finger in the washing machine (don't ask). Catherine threw a washcloth into the potty. The girls fought over everything...even who's hair was longer!?

Wowza! What a day it was. I was never so glad to crawl into my bed.

But, today, I am sitting on the beach, reading, playing and soaking up this wonderful life. So...I guess between the two Monday's, it's a wash! :)

No comments: