Saturday, April 7, 2012

Can You Imagine?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I am going to state the obvious here (especially if you have read this blog for very long):

I love these three little girls to the moon!


I have never been what most would consider a very affectionate person. I drive my mom crazy because I am just not a hugger.

But, the moment I held each one of my girls in my arms, I wanted to hug them, hold them and love on them every second of every day.

I would give up my life in a moment to save theirs. I would lay down my life to keep them from feeling one ounce of pain. I would do ANYTHING, I mean anything, to protect them.

But, what if I had to give them up? What if I had to sacrifice one, or even three, of my sweet children for someone? Can you even imagine!? And, what if that someone didn't even deserve it?

It's a shame that it takes Easter for me to think about the great sacrifice God made for me (and YOU!) to have everlasting life. But, this week, it has been heavy on me. As a mother, I cannot fathom watching one of my children go through the ridicule and physical suffering that Jesus went through on this earth...and all to allow forgiveness for those same ones who were causing the suffering.

When I think about that, I am reminded of just how much God must love me (and YOU!). I am reminded of the promises that He has made. I am reminded,especially during Easter, that we can be made new. With the blood Jesus shed on the cross, we can and WILL have everlasting life.

What an undeserving sacrifice that was made! Can you imagine?




1 comment:

Kimberley said...

beautiful post! as mothers, the amount of love we have for our children is immeasurable. and christ loves us even more! :)