Saturday, December 4, 2010

Arty Crafty

Several months ago, Rachel and I got together and she taught me how to make hair bows. It is one of my favorite things to do, now. I love making these super cute bows to put on my SUPER cute girls. I also love having something to do with my hands while watching TV.

(I mean...I could fold the 8 to 10 loads of clean laundry in my laundry room, but YUCK!)

Since I learned to make bows, I feels a little empowered, at least on the crafting front. I had a plastic tub under the sink in the girls bathroom with their bows in it. But, it was over flowing...bows were EVERYWHERE! So, I decided to put some of that crafting to good use and make them a bow holder. This is what I came up with:



It was so easy and quick. I made it after their bed time one night while I was watching Teen Mom the Discovery Channel.

(That's why I need to stay busy. With some of the trash I watch on TV, if I don't do something productive while I watch, I feel like I have lost an hour of my life never to get it back!)

I took this picture after I had their bags packed for Hot Springs. But, typically, the entire holder is FULL and I still have a half-filled tub of bows under their sink. (Maybe I should have spelled "WILLIAMSON". That would hold a LOT of bows). Nevertheless, the organization is there.

One Saturday, I was getting into the Christmas spirit. Travis was hunting, so the girls and I went to get a few decorations. Some how, they talked me into trees for their rooms.

(It was one of those days I was so tired of hearing me answer "NO", I know they were. So, I just said "Yes".)

Here is the tree in Catherine's room:



Here is Emma & Hannah's tree:





The next day, during nap time, I used some of the stuff I had picked up the day before at Hobby Lobby (all 50% off) to make a wreath for my front door. It's not quite as "fluffy" as I would have liked, but it will due for this year.



So, yes, Rachel created a monster. I have found a new procrastination tactic for folding clothes hobby.

No comments: