Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Easter

This Easter, we did what we always do. We went to Hot Springs to spend the weekend with my parents, brother and SIL, and my grandparents.
The only thing that was missing was Travis. He had some urgent work come up and wasn't able to come. The girls and I missed him so much. My parents and grandparents missed him, but are very proud of what a hard working husband I have, (I am too!).



So, Friday, the girls and I headed to Hot Springs. About halfway there, Catherine downed a juice box and about 30 seconds later, she threw up all over herself. I am talking EVERY.WHERE! I pulled over, took her clothes off, cleaned her up and we were back on the road in 5 minutes. About 2 minutes after that, she threw up AGAIN! (This always and only happens when its JUST the girls and I.) I wiped her off and told her to go to sleep. Luckily she slept the rest of the way and we got there with no problems.

Saturday, the boys went fishing. All of the girls headed to Little Rock for Disney Princess on Ice. The girls were SO excited and had a blast. (My camera died, so the pics are few and far between from here on out). It was cute and I just LOVE making memories with them.






Saturday night, my grandparents came over for a yummy dinner and egg dying. They have so much fun doing that. (I have to step back and let my over-bearing self relax a little!)





We also have a hidden talent in our family. All of us have the "eye hangover" (deep set eyes) and are able to do this. (see pic below and be jealous...very jealous!)



Sunday, we went to church (and found Easter goodies waiting by the door before we left!). We go to the early service, which is usually easy with Trav is there to help me get the girls ready, but, I struggled this year and only snapped one picture of the girls with Honey's camera before we left.



I LOVE the Easter Service. It is such a good reminder of what God gave for us and what we He has promised us. During church, the girls were so good as usual. But, every time the choir would finish singing, Catherine would yell, "ALL DONE!". The entire congregation was laughing at her each time.



After church, we went to the Country Club for lunch with GrandDa, DaddyBen, Aunt Bev and Uncle Michael. While we were waiting, Daddy Brooks and Jon hid eggs for the girls on the playground, the girls played and even Daddy Brooks got in on the action.



It was such fun Easter and a nice reminder of all that we have been blessed with.

No comments: