Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

Today, my sweet little Hannah turns 6! Can you believe it!?


I remember it like it was yesterday. Hannah was the.fussiest.baby.ever! I thought that I had forgotten how to care for an infant because she fussed and cried SO much. But, we made it through.


Now, she is possibly the happiest, smiliest little girl I know. She is always flashing those dimples and, much like Daddy Brooks said, they have kept her out of trouble a few times.


I often look at her (and the other two girls) and wonder why in the world God trusted me to take care of them. I feel so blessed beyond what I deserve and Hannah is one of the big reasons why.

Hannah,
How can you be 6 years old? It seems like just yesterday I was writing you a letter wondering how you could be 3. I am so proud of the little lady you are becoming. Daddy and I were a little nervous about you starting kindergarten because you have SO much energy. But, that was all for nothing. You have blossomed into an exceptionally bright and helpful little kindergartner. You are reading and writing stories that just blow me away. Mrs. Banks always tells us how smart you are and how much you love to help everyone else in the class, (maybe you're a tiny bit bossy.). Your sisters love you so much. Emma thinks you are the funniest person in the world when you talk in your crazy voices. Catherine adores you and wants to do everything you do. You have a knack for remember every word to every song after hearing it only a couple of times. Your laugh is one of the best laughs around. It is so loud and contagious. You are quite the negotiator when you want something and never forget anything. Daddy always talks about how prissy and girly you are, but loves that you want to go fishing with him constantly (even if you do wear a dress every time!). You are so particular about how things are done and keeping a schedule. I laugh all the time when you have to wear socks because, much like me, you HATE socks. I can always count on you to be willing to help me do chores. You still want to wear a dress every day. Dance is one of your favorite things and you are very good at it. Daddy signed you up for tee-ball this year and you are very excited. You make our lives so complete. Your big eyes and dimpled smile are so special just like you. Church is one of your favorite things and you are so diligent about learning your memory verse. We are so proud of you and cannot wait to see what God is going to do with you! It's gonna be big, sweet girl!

I love you!
Mommy



No comments: