So, I saw this on another blog and have been meaning to do this. Here are 100 things about me...
1. I LOVE green beans
2. I love to read. When I start a book, it typically means I will stay up all night reading it and come close to what I consider family neglect trying to finish it.
3. I cannot stand any food that is slimy. I mean no jello, jelly, pudding, oatmeal, bananas. It all grosses me out.
4. I love the dentist. I love to go to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. I love brushing my teeth. I am pretty sure I am almost considered OCD when it comes to my teeth.
5. Travis knows when I am really mad, because I cry. I don't typically cry when I am sad, but when I am mad and crying...LOOK OUT!
6. I am very hard on myself when it comes to my parenting skills. I never feel like I am great at it and there is always something I could do better.
7. I was voted "Most Likely to Succeed" every year in Middle School and "Most Likely to Host a Talk Show" in High School. (would that be considered succeeding???)
8. I don't like to hug. I hug my kids and that's great, but I am just not a big hugger. My mom is a HUGE hugger and gets so mad at me because I "half hug".
9. I wish I was more arty crafty. I have always admired that in someone and think its almost a necessity when your a mother.
10. I despise folding clothes. In fact, if you just "pop in" at my house, you can bet the over sized chair will be full of clean clothes that need to be folded. I usually do it once a week and fold about 12 loads at once. (this is immediately followed by "I am never getting behind again!")
11. I love clipping coupons, but NEVER remember to take them with me to the grocery store!
12. I make a menu every Sunday and then make my grocery list off of the menu. Its the only way I make sure I have everything I need for the week.
13. I outgoing and speak or smile at every person I make eye contact with.
14. I LOVE to rough house with my kids. Travis is the protective one. I am the wild fun one. It works out well that way.
15. I let my kids jump on the beds and off the couch. It's something I never understood why I couldn't do it when I was younger. (My mom says I will get it when someone gets hurt...)
16. I LOVE to clean out closets. When I have time, I clean out all the closets in our house. Its always overwhelming at first, but the satisfaction when it's done is awesome!
17. I hated my name when I was younger. I thought it was an old lady name and the spelling was horrid. Now, I love it. It's different and has so much meaning since it's a family name.
18. All the girls names (either first or middle) are family names. They will hate them at some point, but end up loving them, I hope. (See #17)
19. I have thought twice about changing this list to 50 things about me...
20. I love talking on the phone to my GrandDa. She is always encouraging and brags on me just enough to add a little pep in my step for the day.
21. Bea Bea (my other grandmother) died when I was a freshman in college. I watch Wheel of Fortune almost every night and think about her the whole time. We watched it together and always talked about teaming up and going on there.
22. One of my dreams is to be on Wheel of Fortune.
23. I love to shop, but cannot shop in chaos. I do terribly at sales since there is no organization to the racks.
24. Pink is my favorite color, but I hardly own any pink clothes.
25. I wanted to be a Neuro Surgeon and then a Pediatric Cardiologist when I was younger.
26. I hate hot fruit.
27. I used to hate steak, but have developed a taste for it over the course of this pregnancy.
28. I love that my girls are "girly" girls.
29. I love the book "The Five Love Languages." I read it and then read it to Travis (he hates to read). I truly believe it helped us better understand each other and strengthened our marriage.
30. I am a "Word of Affirmation", but show my love through "Giving Gifts".
31. I love to talk.
32. Once you are my friend, we are friends for life. If you ever need anything, I am there!
33. I am a big "first impression" person. If you make a bad first impression on me, it's hard to win me over after that.
34. I am a control freak.
35. I screen my phone calls. If I don't recognize the phone number, I don't answer.
36. I hate the "text messaging slang" that people use. My husband is the worst!
37. I have a BIG southern accent, but my Daddy Ben made sure I said the word "get" correctly...it's not "git".
38. I love being from the south. Being a southern girl is the best!
39. There was a time that I didn't want to have kids. It's now the best thing in my life and I wouldn't change any of it!
40. I used to spray hair spray on the sidewalk and set it on fire. Pretty sure I did that on my dorm room door one time just to see if it would work.
41. I do not view the bodies at funerals. I do not want to remember the person I loved so dearly like that.
42. I pray for patience daily.
43. I remember fighting with my brother one time and he got so mad that he took all my shoes out of my closet and threw them off the back deck...at night.
44. I remember my dad constantly making up songs when we were younger. "Momma's on the war path" makes us all laugh when we sing it.
45. I talk to my mom almost every single day.
46. I believe that being a good Christian is in your actions, not just your words and how many Bible verses you can recite.
47. I took ballet and tap for 10 years.
48. I am extremely independent and want to be the one that does EVERYTHING for my family...job and all.
49. Sometimes, trying to do #48 almost kills me! :)
50. I want my daughters to feel beautiful and smart. I do not want to know that any of them suffer from self image issues.
51. My husband is my best friend. We are as different as night and day, but balance each other out. He is so laid back and calm.
52. My favorite show on TV is House. If I was sick, I would want him to be my doctor.
53. I hate taking medicine.
54. I love storms while I sleep.
55. I used to be a heavy sleeper. I could sleep through a tornado. But, now that I have kids, I wake up at any little noise.
56. I hate flannel sheets.
57. I always wanted to have a little boy. But, now that I know its all girls, I am giddy over the fact that I will get to see the closeness of sisters.
58. I talk to my brother a lot, but talk to my future sister-in-law about 2x as much.
59. I was a life guard in the summers in high school.
60. I scored a 31 in Math on my ACT, but failed Calculus in college. (I think I am a good guesser)
61. I am a great test taker.
62. I used to dream of having different color eyes besides brown because I wanted to be unique.
63. When my husband calls me randomly throughout the day, it gives me butterflies (excited) to see his name on the caller ID.
64. I get so excited everyday driving home to pick up the girls. I can't wait to hear about their day.
65. I am a terrible driver.
66. I believe I have learned more about myself in the past year than any other time in my life.
67. I sleep with covers on every night...no matter how hot it is.
68. I cannot stand clutter on the counters.
69. I love the beach. Give me white sand, crashing waves, a lounge chair and a good book any day!
70. I love holidays! I get ecstatic when it's time to buy gifts for my family for holidays.
71. I look forward to driving with the windows down in the summer.
72. I like to see how long we can go each summer without turning the air conditioner on in our house. One year we made it until July!
73. I am tight...just like my dad.
74. I am a daddy's girl.
75. My mom and I used to fight like crazy growing up, but now, I call her for EVERYTHING!
76. Thinking of 100 things about myself is quite possibly one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
77. I am usually pretty happy.
78. I am not a morning person.
79. My favorite drink is milk. I love to go outside and play with the girls, then come in to a big glass of ice cold milk.
80. I jumped rope in my living room...yesterday. (Yes, I know I am 6 months pregnant.)
81. I am the most uncoordinated person you have ever met in your life...despite the 10 years of ballet.
82. My nickname on my basketball team was "Big Burt" because I played post and all the girls were bigger than me. I guess it was supposed to be intimidating.
83. I love coats. I have more than one person should and buy the girls 3 or so each year.
84. I wear a scarf with my outfit almost every day in the winter.
85. My dream trip is for Travis and I to go to Italy. I have dreamed of going there since I did a report on the country when I was in the 6th grade.
86. I hate camping. It's hot...it's dirty...it's not for me!
87. Travis loves camping, so I participate.
88. I love to vacuum. Those lines on the carpet are so pretty when it's all done!
89. I am the world's worst at starting a project, getting side tracked and taking 10 times too long to finish it.
90. I have always wished I was a coffee drinker, but have never really liked it.
91. A few years ago, Travis and I got up every morning, sat on the porch and talked for a few minutes before it was time to go about the hustle and bustle of our day. (see #78 for why we stopped!)
92. I carry huge purses.
93. My favorite movie of all time is "Pretty in Pink"
94. I love my job.
95. I am adamant about not drinking diet drinks. They may have less calories, but the aspartame is terrible for you.
96. We do not keep sodas in our house. My mom is the reason for that and I believe that's why I was so skinny when I was younger.
97. I love trampolines. Emma is getting one for her birthday and I cannot wait until I can jump on it with her...AFTER THE BABY OF COURSE.
98. I love to read other people's blogs. Even people I don't know. It's so interesting to read about other people's lives.
99. I hate to shop online. I need to touch it, see it, hold it before I buy.
100. My favorite hymn is "Amazing Grace". I sang it to both Emma and Hannah every night when I rocked them to sleep. I will do the same with Catherine.