Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was WONDERFUL around our house.

Travis let me sleep in (which he actually does almost every weekend that he's home). I finally got up and we headed to our favorite breakfast place, "Susan's".

(If you have never been there, try it...it's fabulous!)

After that, we came home. It wasn't very pretty outside and kind of cold, so the girls and I just played until lunch. Travis snuck out for about an hour to go fishing and brought us back some lunch.


The girls and Trav gave me my present...very pretty Mother's Bands. I absolutely love them! Emma also made me something special at school. Her little hand print and inside of it reads "I love my Mommy because she reads books to me and gives me kisses every night." (tear)

After lunch, the girls took a nap. I picked up our bedroom while Travis finished texturing our bathroom walls.

(This project is slowly coming to a close and I will post before/after pics later)

We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and playing with the girls. I couldn't be more happy or feel more blessed to have such a wonderful family.

(yes, these are pictures from Saturday, not Sunday...)



Every year, I realize being a Mommy is one of the hardest, most rewarding jobs EVER! I wonder each day how my mom did it so well and if I am going to be able to do it just as well.

Sometimes, I feel like I am barely muddling through. But, when the girls and Travis make such a big deal of Mother's Day, it makes me think "Hmmm...maybe they don't notice I am scatter-brained and hate folding laundry. Maybe all they notice is that I love them and want to be with them ALL.THE.TIME!"

I love them all so much and can't wait for little Catherine to join in on the fun! (10 weeks and counting!)

No comments: